Thursday, October 13, 2011

Origami Pumpkin Card


I found directions to make an easy and cute origami pumpkin (click on link), loved it, and decided to turn it into a fun fall greeting card for family. 

First thing needed is orange paper.  Who would have guessed that I wouldn't be able to find orange paper in October?  I had a brainstorm... Wrapping paper!  I found a cute orange print in the clearance bin and set to work cutting it into squares for the folding.  This turned out to be a much more economical way to make a dozen cards!  To decorate,  I made a small slit at the top and glued in a stem, then glued a leave under the top of one of the folds.


The pumpkin stands open in a triangle shape from the side.  I glued a photo of my kids at the pumpkin patch onto the back and used a glittery pen to wish everyone a HAPPY HARVEST!

I've linked at this great party:

Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy


1 comment:

  1. That is super cute!!! I love it!!! I am your newest follower! Would love a follow back if you have the time! www.ali-grace.com Thanks!

    Ali xoxo!

    ReplyDelete