Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Bat Decorations from Foam Veggie Trays

I just couldn't throw away these black foam trays that our veggies came on from various grocery stores throughout the year.  They had HALLOWEEN potential!  We used them for paint trays, bead holders, etc., but with October here, it is time to put them to use for their intended purpose!
They just had to be... bats.  I made a wing and body template and traced them onto the foam.  I put the template below for ya.  There's a baby and momma pattern.  Hold the wing tips along an edge to take advantage of the 3-D contour.
 Use a pencil to trace. It will leave an indented line for you to cut along.

 Flip your wing pattern over to get the opposite side.
 Cut little triangles out of the corners for ears.
Hot glue pieces together for instant hang-a-bility.
I stuck them on the porch rails.  Maybe I should reverse that though, pumpkins on bottom and hanging bats! 

Foam Tray Bat Pattern

I linked here:

Childmade
Tip Junkie handmade projects




1 comment:

  1. Really LOVE this.. Officially following ya with smiles.. I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com and I would LOVE for you to stop in sometime/link this to my Pin Inspirational Thursdays link party happening now. TY.. Off to indulge in all this burst of creativity here.. :))

    ReplyDelete