Friday, December 23, 2011

Herb Clothespin Angel Ornament


This darling spice angel was posted on Five Brothers One Sister.  I pinned it and knew I'd have to try and make a bunch for neighbor gifts!  Sweet, original, slightly rustic, great smelling... what a perfect combination.



I found the clothespin at Joann's and the spices at the grocery (baking section). One small inexpensive sack of each spice (bay leaves, cinnamon, star anise, and chamomile) was enough to make 9. 

I used a sewing machine to put a loose gathering stitch at the top of the gown but this is easily hand done as well. I added a small hem to the bottom of the skirt, but that isn't necessary either.  Deanne gives great, easy directions here.

Hot glue holds everything together: dress to clothespin, cinnamon to back of angel, leaves to back of cinnamon, chamomile hair to top of head, anise to front of angel. 

The jute cord is glued to the side of the body behind the head.  This seemed to help the angel hang straight (the clothespin rests at an angle because it is on top of the roll of cinnamon).

Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. I've never actually seen chammomile, so now I know what it looks like.

    This is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job, they look very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete