|Just another rainy day... but pull up on the sun....|
|Gone goes the rain, out comes the rainbow!|
A rainy day paper craft project for you rainbow lovers! Rotate/spin the sun out from behind the cloud and a rainbow appears. Rotate the sun back behind the cloud and rain comes down. Happy Spring!
posterboard or other stiff paper
2 brass brads
colored markers and/or paint
scissors, hole punch, stapler, knife
1) Cut out template and trace onto poster board. Pencil in the number of pieces and special holes as indicated (circled with flower). Cut out poster board pieces, punch holes and make slits.
2) Interlock and spread out pieces 6a-6d and insert brad temporarily to hold together while you color/paint the rain cloud.
3) Color/paint piece 4 yellow and piece 7 like a cloud.
4) With knob part of brass brad on bottom, stack/attach together pieces 2,3,4,5 and 6. Brad will go through all holes wtih a flower around them, in number order, but through the big slit on #5 rather than a hole. Spread out brad flat when all pieces are together to secure.
6) Slide 3d tab into piece #2.
9) Align and staple the three cloud pieces (1,5,7) at the X.
10) Trim clouds, bows, sun etc. as needed to get final product. Use markers to draw colors on rainbow.
What I'd do differently next time: use markers instead of paint. The paint is wearing off where the paper rubs it.
Rainbow Behind Cloud Template