Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Kid-made Gift Idea

We made this for Dad for Christmas, but it brings me cheer every time I see it... This would be a great holiday gift idea for any pepper lover! Father's Day, Valentine's Day, or Birthdays!

I found an inexpensive but great quality pepper grinder from a discount merchant (Tuesday Morning, but TJ Max would work, too).

The kids dipped their hands in sparkly 3D fabric paint, then placed them on the grinder. Because of the curved surface, the prints turn out long and narrow, which adds to the artistic impression.

After the prints dried, we outlined them in white and then added some hearts and stripes.

My husband loves using this grinder, and everytime I see it standing in the kitchen, the "peppy" prints make me smile, too!


I'm linking here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment