Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Brownies

A day off of school and a day off of work... facing the list of put-off chores. Then I spied it!  A half cup of pumpkin puree left over from delicious pumpkin cookies that didn't use the whole can!  Better use it now before it grows moldy...

Found this recipe for chocolate brownies swirled with pumpkin! Yum! 


The picture is from the recipe page...



http://blogchef.net/pumpkin-brownies-recipe/


They are in the oven right now... I'll be back to let you know how they taste, Yum!


I'm back to report that they are every bit as delicious as they look, even with a couple of changes.  First, I omitted the walnuts and halved the nutmeg and cloves to help make sure I wouldn't be eating the whole batch myself.  Second, I forgot to add the chocolate chips in the making mayhem. (Following new recipes with a couple of quacking duckings in the kitchen is my excuse).  I sprinkled the chips over the warm brownies and spread them like frosting after a few minutes.  Also, they seemed a little salty... maybe I mismeasured, but I may omit that and just use salted butter next time.

The chocolate faces on the happy ducklings about sums it up!  This recipe is moved to the family favorites!

0 comments:

Post a Comment